EZ Cooking

We eat our words every day...

I thought it might be worth a shot to create a thread so we share our views on hot topics, either side of the pond, and beyond.

I'll get it kicked off with this story, sharing a lot of discussion

here:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-33684937

It involves a woman whose mother disowned her nearly 40 years ago. The late mother specifically stated in a legal will, that in no way was any of her estate to go to her daughter. Instead, she left it to three animal charities.

Then in an appeal court, judges have ignored the diseased ladies extreme wishes and said the daughter can have over £160,000 of her late mothers estate.

----------------------------------------------

My thoughts.

I can perhaps see a need for appealing a will, for example if the person becomes less well mentally, and  circumstance changes, but no will was updated

In this case though the deceased specifically denied her daughter access to her estate, to the point of putting it in a will. Nothing changed in the years, apart from the daughter having five children.

If I'd had been a judge, I'd have ruled in favour of the deceased, how would you have ruled?

Views: 584

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm shocked by that Mark, I thought the very least of humanity would consider children a 'no target'. One was just eight years old...

I know, but they have truly black souls, Dave.  The more shock value, the better, the way they see it.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Mark.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service