3 large potatoes, sliced
1/4 pound of bacon, chopped
1 cup thinly sliced onion
2-3 cloves sliced garlic
1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
3 tablespoons butter
2 cups cheddar cheese
1 to 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
1. Line your slow cooker with tin foil to keep your ingredients from sticking to the dish (and creating a cleanup nightmare). Alternatively, spray your slow cooker insert with non-stick spray.
2. Lay a thin layer of potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker.
3. Add a few slices of garlic on top of your potatoes followed by a layer of onions and a bit of salt and pepper.
4. Continue layering your potatoes, garlic and onions until your main ingredients are all in the slow cooker.
5. Next, top the potatoes and onions with your chopped bacon. You can add the bacon into the slow cooker raw, or crisp it up beforehand. It works either way.
6. Top the entire dish off with one cup of cheese and then butter on top of the cheese.
7. Cover the entire dish with a layer of foil. The foil will keep steam close to the potatoes so they cook faster.
8. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 to 10 hours.
9. After removing the foil, and checking to make sure the potatoes are cooked, add a cup of cheese on top of your dish and finish it off with slices of green onions. Cover and leave on low for 15 minutes or until the last layer of cheese is nicely melted.
This combination of cheese, potatoes and bacon will have your family and friends scrambling for seconds.
Recipe used from slowcooker.cooktopcove