For the brownies
- 220g unsalted butter
- 300g dark chocolate (around 70 per cent cocoa solids)
- 400g caster sugar
- 5 large free-range eggs
- 200g plain flour
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
For the cheesecake
- 1 large free-range egg, beaten
- 280g full-fat cream cheese
- 30g unsalted butter
- 226g bag Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups
You’ll also need…
- 20cm x 30cm baking tin, fully lined with foil or non-stick baking paper
- Heat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/gas 3½. Put the 220g butter and the dark chocolate in a saucepan and heat over a low heat, stirring often, until both have completely melted. Remove from the heat, then mix in the sugar using a balloon whisk. Whisk in the eggs, one by one (it may curdle when you start adding them but will come back together by the last one). Finally, beat in the flour and the salt flakes. Pour the mixture into a lined baking tin, then smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Leave to cool while you make the cheesecake layer.
- Combine the egg, cream cheese and 30g butter in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer, then dollop the mixture over the chilled brownie layer. Use the tip of a sharp knife to lightly swirl the mixtures together, creating a marbling effect. Drop the peanut butter cups onto the surface. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until the mixture has set around the edges and top, with a slight wobble if nudged.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and cool completely in the tin. Chill for at least 6 hours before slicing into squares.
From Delicious Magazine